Coats® X-Series - Build Your Tire Changer Your Way
1. Choose A Platform: With Robo Assist Or Without
- The Coats patented Robo-Arm® is a powerful helper device with 28" of reach and a full 18" of automated vertical stroke.
2. Choose Your Motor: Air-Powered Or Electric
- Air-powered drives offer up to 1.5 hp (dependent on air supply), meaning more power and speed, control.
- Electric drives are always 1 hp and do not need a larger compressor; they’re quieter too.
3. Choose Your Bead Loosener: Hand Operated Or Foot Pedal
- Traditional foot pedal operation.
- Coats advanced hand operation with Power In, Power Out & Stop In Place gives the operator total control and a better view.
The Coats X-Series Model 70X Handle Actuated Tire Changer
Coats has been the leader in tire service equipment for over 60 years. And the Coats Rim Clamp® tire changer has become the industry standard due to its
legacy of durability, reliability, and upgradability. But today more than ever, we recognize that the needs of all tire dealers are not created equal. Differences in geography, vehicle
configurations, and productivity demands have created a need for a wider range of options in our tire service equipment. That’s why Coats has redefined how we offer our most popular line of tire
The Power of Choice
The X-Series is an upgraded version of the Coats Rim Clamp® tire changer you’ve always known and trusted with new accessory and storage packages to fit your
needs. You get the same Coats rugged reliability and easy operation; but now we give you more standard features, more options and more value in a new tire changer.
- Best-in-class clamping capacity comest standard with 6" - 24" external (8"-26" internal) (car
& light truck only). Service the widest array of applications without secondary adapters.
- Coats Exclusive - 70X-3 equipment features a single-point bead sealer. Provides a powerful
concentrated blast to seal beads more quickly. Less moving parts and hoses make it more reliable over time.
- Coats Exclusive - 70X-3 equipment also features a Hybrid Duckhead® Mount/Demount Head. Floating tail conforms to the rim to mirror its radius and places tire in optimal position for installation. Leading edge is positioned to
put less stress on bead during removal.
- 70X-1, 70X-2 and 70X-3 equipment features a new manual bead depressor and duckhead roller
combo. Combo design ensures the bead stays in the drop center and tire bead does not roll back over duckhead. Now full compliment of bead securement tools working in tandem for easier tire
- Comes equipped with Coats’ patented Robo-Arm® assist to effectively change run-flat and low profile tires. The Robo-Arm is designed with 18" vertical stroke and travel
capability up to 28" rims. The Robo-Arm assist minimizes the risk of damaging wheels with a tire bar and effortlessly keeps the top bead in the drop center while servicing even the toughest
applications. It has a 28" reach and a full 18" automated vertical stroke without any cumbersome or time consuming manual adjustments required.
- Advanced clamp positioning allows for greater control when clamping wheels. Position clamps
exactly where needed at any point between fully in and fully out. No need to wait for the clamps to have to cycle the full range.
- Direct oil-injection system more effectively distributes oil to
the moving components, ensuring better lubrication to reduce wear and lengthen life expectancy. Designed to prevent oil from being wasted during tire inflation. Container holds 180 fluid ounces, more
than a year’s worth of oil for most shops, significantly reducing the need for regular replenishment.
- Durable plastic chassis storage tray keeps your tools right where you need them. Helps keep your work area neat and organized.
Build It Your
- Select with or without the Robo-Arm helper tool.
- Select the high-torque electric or fully controllable air
- Select your adapters with choices from steel clamps to Grip Max®.
- Select your level of wheel protection and additional storage.